Air Transport of Dangerous Goods – Awareness Course
Please contact us for upcoming course dates.
The Air Transport of Dangerous Goods Awareness course provides students with a broad overview of what dangerous goods are and how to transport them by air.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The properties and hazards of the nine classes of dangerous goods.
- Commonly used/transported dangerous goods.
- What the CASA and IATA Regulations are and how they affect air transport.
- Identifying dangerous goods and determining whether or not they can be transported.
- Packaging, labelling, marking and documentation requirements for air transport (including compatibility of goods).
Training will include a combination of group discussions, explanatory sessions and practical exercises. A formal theory assessment is included at the end of this course which requires a reasonable command of English and basic numeracy skills.
This course may include some or all of the following delivery modes: classroom, online/eLearning, workplace or blended options.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
The nominal duration of this course is 4-6 hours. Duration may be shortened where participants already have a basic awareness of Dangerous Goods and their hazards, and recent and relevant experience. Study may also include pre-course learning activities.
The course is delivered at 15 Barrie Rd, Tullamarine VIC, or can be delivered at other suitable workplaces by arrangement.
On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment with the relevant Units of Competency.
The standard price for this course is $250.00
Student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment and are inclusive. There are no other fees or charges.
* All prices are indicative and may change dependent on participant experience, number of applicants, locations etc. Please call to discuss accurate pricing for your circumstance. **For information about fees, refunds, transfers and other related information please click HERE
This short course module may include the following Units of Competency, which form part of a full certificate qualification. For more information, or customisation options, please call us on 1800 622 010
TLID3015 Identify and label explosives and Dangerous Goods
AITAC RTO (ID 3591) is responsible for quality of training and assessment, compliance with ASQA Standards for RTO’s, and the issuance of AQF Certification documentation (SOA and qualifications).