TLI42116 Certificate IV in Driving Operations qualification provides a supervisor equivalent outcome in driving operations in transport and logistics and associated industries.
Our nationally accredited training is designed for students with job roles including:
♦ Tanker drivers in LPG, Fuel, Bitumen and Chemical ♦ Heavy vehicle drivers ♦ Energy supply operations ♦ and others.
Further information regarding prospective employment opportunities can be found via myskills.gov.au.
TLI42116 Certificate IV in Driving Operations can provide a pathway to Transport and Logistic operations, supervisory roles, and warehousing operations across a multitude of industries as well as other tertiary study.
COST & FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
For full course fees and payment options, please see below.
Some applicants may be eligible for State and/or Commonwealth funding. Eligibility criteria applies, please contact us for more information.
TLI42116 Certificate IV in Driving Operations is designed for personnel who seek to upgrade their skills to cover heavy vehicle operations and qualify to drive tankers, vehicle loading cranes (and associated vehicles and skills) in the transport and logistics operations field.
Included are units of competency that will provide the applicant with instruction on:
- how to conduct workplace communications
- carry out measurements and calculations
- work safely in varied environments
- understand and apply safe work practices
- work effectively and sustainably within the industry
- planning and organising work.
Elective units of competency can be chosen to tailor your training to your specific industry. These can include:
- safe working at heights
- dangerous goods driver licence
- implementing traffic exclusion zones
- crane truck licence
- or other relevant and permitted units of competency
- Regulations and road laws
- Safe driving to a system of vehicle control
- Observation driving, maintaining correct following and braking distance
- Load restraint requirements and tie down options
- Dangerous Goods Licence requirements
- Lifting gear inspection, identification, handling and storage
- Site and job planning
- Plan and navigate routes
- Correct slinging techniques and crane truck operations
- Tanker operations, including loading and discharge
Other Theory & Practical exercises will be dependent on the units of competency chosen by the applicant to meet their individual learning needs.
To view the full course content list, use the form on the right to download the full information pack.
- Students must possess a current, full and unrestricted relevant Drivers Licence of the appropriate category, and fulfil all of the relevant state or territory regulatory requirements.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to undertake assessment for the High Risk Licences included in this training as core or elective units.
- Assessments will be conducted in English, and all students are to have a good command of English and numeracy skills. Interpreters MAY be allowed under extraordinary circumstances, but must be approved prior.
- Hearing impaired persons may use sign language to communicate via an interpreter (only when approved by the Regulator).
- The course may involve some manual handling, climbing, lifting, carrying, and height work. It must be clearly understood that some disabilities may preclude a student from participating safely, and this may restrict entry to the course.
- For details and alternatives, please contact us. Decisions regarding safety are not subject to negotiation.
The units of competency within this TLI42116 Certificate IV in Driving Operations qualification are nationally recognised.
Once you have successfully completed your training and met the assessment requirements, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the short instruction/study modules achievements within this training.
Upon completion of the full qualification, you will be issued with a Certificate of Qualification (Testamur) detailing the relevant units of competency.
Both documents are nationally recognised, and can be used throughout Australia.
AITAC has been involved in industrial training for over 21 years and can be trusted to provide the best in the business to deliver your training program. Our trainers and assessors are all fully qualified with extensive industry experience to ensure you receive the highest quality instruction and support to complete your qualification.
This Certificate IV Qualification can be delivered over a period from 3 months up to 2 years, at a pace you choose.
Students are able to choose from a range of delivery options, including eLearning, face to face classroom training, supported online learning and individual instruction. The course also includes practical learning and assessment.
Past experiences and current skills are fully recognised, and the course duration may be reduced through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
This qualification can be delivered on our premises in Preston or Tullamarine (Victoria), or at your workplace (if suitable).
AITAC is approved to deliver this qualification nationally.
As self-paced learning forms part of this qualification you may need to access some online learning tools.
Courses can be scheduled on demand. Please contact us for information and to book your training.
The full cost of this training is $5950.
This course can be delivered over a number of short instruction/study modules and is PAYG [pay as you go] for each module.
- For example, this course includes five short modules at $1190 per module, which is payable in advance of each practical training session.
Any government subsidy available to eligible participants will reduce the cost of the qualification. Note that some modules require hire of equipment and/or venue and these costs can be different depending on the circumstances. These separate costs may still be charged.
More information about fees and conditions can be found under the Student Info tab on this website.