TLI41916 Certificate IV in Mobile Crane Operations qualification provides a supervisory equivalent outcome in mobile crane operations in Transport and Logistics/Crane Operator sector and associated industries.
Our nationally accredited training is designed for students with job roles including:
♦ Lift Supervisor ♦ Mobile crane operator ♦ Transport and Logistic personnel;
♦ Maintenance personnel ♦ Offshore workers ♦ Energy supply operations ♦ and more.
Further information regarding prospective employment opportunities can be found via myskills.gov.au.
TLI41916 Certificate IV in Mobile Crane Operations can provide a pathway to Supervisory Crane operations across a multitude of industries, management opportunities as well as other tertiary study.
COST & FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
For full course fees and payment options, please see below.
Some applicants may be eligible for State and/or Commonwealth funding. Eligibility criteria applies, please contact us for more information.
TLI41916 Certificate IV in Mobile Crane Operations covers the operation of Non-slewing and Slewing cranes and associated tasks and work practices within Transport, Construction, Manufacturing and other industries.
Included within this training are units of competency that will provide the applicant with instruction on how to;
- how to conduct workplace communications
- carry out measurements and calculations
- read and interpret plans and specifications
- work safely in varied environments
- understand and apply safe work practices
- work effectively and sustainably within the industry and planning and organising work
- how to shift materials safely and efficiently
- follow/monitor and apply relevant procedures
- ..and more.
Elective units of competency can be chosen to tailor your training to your specific industry. These can include:
- operation of slewing and non-slewing cranes
- securing cargo
- responsible assessment of operational capabilities
- driving and operation of varied vehicles
- operation of EWP (elevated work platform)
- or other relevant and permitted units of competency.
For guidance on specific course inclusions to ensure this is a suitable qualification to meet your aspirations and career plans, please contact us.
You can also download the full information pack in the sidebar to the right of your screen.
- Acts and Regulations
- Pre-operational checks
- Site and Job Planning
- Operational checks
- Crane operation to 100 tonnes, lifting, moving and lowering the load
- Basic rigging methods, equipment inspection and maintenance
- Hand and whistle signals
- Planning and organising
- Independent learning
- Use of technology, initiative and enterprise
- Problem solving
- Effective communication.
- Pre operational checks
- Operational checks
- Sling and Crane inspection
- Slinging methods and Crane operations
- Shut down
Other Theory & Practical exercises will be dependent on the units of competency chosen by the applicant to meet their individual learning needs.
To view all course modules and electives, use the form on the right to download the full information pack.
- This course has no pre-requisite requirements.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to undertake assessment for the High Risk Licences included in this training as core or elective units.
- Assessments will be conducted in English, and all students are to have a good command of English and numeracy skills. Interpreters MAY be allowed under extraordinary circumstances, but must be approved prior.
- Hearing impaired persons may use sign language to communicate via an interpreter (only when approved by the Regulator).
- The course may involve some use of manual handling, climbing, lifting, carrying, and height work. It must be clearly understood that some disabilities may preclude a student from participating safely, and this may restrict entry to the course.
- For details and alternatives, please contact us. Decisions regarding safety are not subject to negotiation.
The units of competency within this TLI41916 Certificate IV Mobile Crane Operations qualification are nationally recognised.
Once you have successfully completed your training and met the assessment requirements, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the short instruction/study modules achievements within this training.
Upon completion of the full qualification, you will be issued with a Certificate of Qualification (Testamur) detailing the relevant units of competency.
Both documents are nationally recognised, and can be used throughout Australia.
AITAC has been involved in industrial training for over 21 years and can be trusted to provide the best in the business to deliver your training program. Our trainers and assessors are all fully qualified with extensive industry experience to ensure you receive the highest quality instruction and support to complete your qualification.
This Certificate IV Qualification can be delivered over a period from 3 months up to 2 years, at a pace you choose.
Students are able to choose from a range of delivery options, including eLearning, face to face classroom training, supported online learning and individual instruction. The course also includes practical learning and assessment.
Past experiences and current skills are fully recognised, and the course duration may be reduced through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
This qualification can be delivered on our premises in Tullamarine, Victoria or at your workplace (if suitable).
AITAC is approved to deliver this qualification nationally.
As self-paced learning forms part of this qualification you may need to access some online learning tools.
Courses can be scheduled on demand. Please contact us for information and to book your training.
The full cost of this training is $6950.
This course can be delivered over a number of short instruction/study modules and is PAYG [pay as you go] for each module.
- For example, this course includes six short modules at $1160 per module, which is payable in advance of each practical training session.
Any government subsidy available to eligible participants will reduce the cost of the qualification. Note that some modules require hire of equipment and/or venue and these costs can be different depending on the circumstances. These separate costs may still be charged.
We will help you understand your funding support options - please contact us to discuss.
More information about fees and conditions can be found under the Student Info tab on this website.
* All prices are indicative and may change dependent on participant experience, number of applicants, locations etc. Please call to discuss accurate pricing for your circumstance.