RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction qualification provides a trade equivalent outcome in construction operations in mining, building, earthmoving and construction and associated industries.
Our nationally accredited training is designed for students in construction and associated industries, with job roles including:
• Construction General • Construction Building (inc. high rise) • Road Construction
• Mining and Extractive industries • Maintenance personnel • Construction Manufacturing • and more
Further information regarding prospective employment opportunities can be found via myskills.gov.au.
RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction can provide a pathway to Supervisory or Construction Management Operations across a multitude of industries as well as other tertiary study.
COST & FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
For full course fees and payment options, please see below.
Some applicants may be eligible for State and/or Commonwealth funding. Eligibility criteria applies, please contact us for more information.
RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction covers the work within the construction industry including:
- high rise developments
- infrastructure construction
- road construction
- civil and community construction
- earthmoving works
- pipeline and pile driving works
- plant and manufacturing industries.
It is a comprehensive qualification that is recognised in many industries nationally.
Included are units of competency that will provide the applicant with instruction on:
- on how to operate plant and equipment
- how to conduct workplace communications
- carrying out measurements and calculations
- reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- working safely in varied environments
- understanding and applying safe work practices
- working effectively and sustainably within the industry
- planning and organising work.
Elective units of competency can be chosen to tailor your training to your specific industry. These can include:
- safe working at heights
- operating EWP (elevated work platforms)
- working with scaffolding
- performing blasting operations
- implementing traffic management
- forklift truck licence
- operating personnel or material hoists
- or other relevant and permitted units of competency.
- Acts and Regulations
- Equipment Safety Checks
- Job planning – check site
- Hazard identification and control
- Transport equipment to and from job – Driven or truck/ trailer – load restraint
- Specific Code of Practice eg. height, plant, confined space
- Location of plant – parking, traffic, ground conditions
- Operation of plant
- Shut down procedures
- Pre-operational and After-Start checks of plant and yard/job site
- Planning and familiarisation with plant
- Demonstrate safe procedures for the changing and use of buckets and attachments on plant
- Basic driving and operational exercises, and load restraint practices
- Operation including; periodic checks during operations; noise and flying debris; breakdown; injury avoidance
- Demonstrate safe confined space entry
- Demonstrate safe work at height procedures
- Demonstrate trenching operations and safe loading of trucks and clean up
- Demonstrate safe procedures for the changing and use of buckets and attachments
- Pedestrian and road user safety and hazard control
- Product care and avoiding damage to facilities and machinery
- Parking – obstruction and collision avoidance
- Shut down procedures – loading onto truck/driving to base
Other Theory & Practical exercises will be dependent on the units of competency chosen by the applicant to meet their individual learning needs.
To view the full course content list, use the form on the right to download the full information pack.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to undertake assessment for the High Risk Licences included in this training as core or elective units.
- Assessments will be conducted in English, and all students are to have a good command of English and numeracy skills. Interpreters MAY be allowed under extraordinary circumstances, but must be approved prior.
- Hearing impaired persons may use sign language to communicate via an interpreter (only when approved by the Regulator).
- The course may involve some manual handling, climbing, lifting, carrying, and height work. It must be clearly understood that some disabilities may preclude a student from participating safely, and this may restrict entry to the course.
- For details and alternatives, please contact us. Decisions regarding safety are not subject to negotiation.
The units of competency within this RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction qualification are nationally recognised.
Once you have successfully completed your training and met the assessment requirements, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the short instruction/study modules achievements within this training.
Upon completion of the full qualification, you will be issued with a Certificate of Qualification (Testamur) detailing the relevant units of competency.
Both documents are nationally recognised, and can be used throughout Australia.
AITAC has been involved in industrial training for over 21 years and can be trusted to provide the best in the business to deliver your training program. Our trainers and assessors are all fully qualified with extensive industry experience to ensure you receive the highest quality instruction and support to complete your qualification.
This Certificate III Qualification can be delivered over a period from 3 months up to 2 years, at a pace you choose.
Students are able to choose from a range of delivery options, including eLearning, face to face classroom training, supported online learning and individual instruction. The course also includes practical learning and assessment.
Past experiences and current skills are fully recognised, and the course duration may be reduced through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
This qualification can be delivered on our premises in Tullamarine, Victoria or at your workplace (if suitable).
AITAC is approved to deliver this qualification nationally.
As self-paced learning forms part of this qualification you may need to access some online learning tools.
Courses can be scheduled on demand. Please contact us for information and to book your training.
The full cost of this training is $6950.
This course can be delivered over a number of short instruction/study modules and is PAYG [pay as you go] for each module.
- For example, this course includes six short modules at $1160 per module, which is payable in advance of each practical training session.
Any government subsidy available to eligible participants will reduce the cost of the qualification. Note that some modules require hire of equipment and/or venue and these costs can be different depending on the circumstances. These separate costs may still be charged.
We will help you understand your funding support options - please contact us to discuss.
More information about fees and conditions can be found under the Student Info tab on this website.